Waterville School Buildings

thumb_schoolsPhotos: School Buildings...

The Waterville School District No. 5 was established in 1886. The first classes (1888) met in a building on the corner of Locust and W. Park St, which later became the town library. The first schoolhouse was built in 1889 on property donated by Mr. James H. Kincaid, which is the site of the current Waterville School. The school was painted white and had a red roof. The grounds were surrounded by a white board fence. Beginnings...